LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM–(Marketwired - May 30, 2016) - Orsu Metals Corporation (the “Corporation”) (TSX:OSU), the London-based base and precious metals exploration and development company, today announces that the notice of its annual and special meeting of shareholders, a form of proxy and an accompanying management information circular of the Corporation dated May 19, 2016 (the “Information Circular”) will be posted to holders of common shares of the Corporation (“Shareholders”) today. In addition, the audited consolidated financial statements of the Corporation for the financial year ended 31 December 2015 will also be posted to Shareholders who have elected to receive them in physical form.
The Information Circular contains a description of the matters (set out below) that Shareholders will be asked to vote upon at the forthcoming annual and special meeting, to be held at 25 Sackville Street, London, W1S 3AX, United Kingdom on Thursday, June 23, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. (London time) (the “Meeting”):
- to receive the audited consolidated financial statements of the Corporation for the financial year ended December 31, 2015 together with the report of the auditors thereon;
- to appoint auditors for the Corporation for the ensuing year at a remuneration to be fixed by the directors of the Corporation;
- to elect directors to the board of directors of the Corporation;
- to consider, and if deemed appropriate, approve a resolution in accordance with section 175 of the BVI Business Companies Act 2004 (British Virgin Islands), with or without variation authorising the sale by the Corporation of its interest in and to the Karchiga copper deposit in North Eastern Kazakhstan, as described in further detail in the accompanying management information circular of the Corporation dated May 19, 2016; and
- to transact such further or other business as may properly come before the Meeting or any adjournment(s) or postponement(s) thereof.
Shareholders are entitled to vote at the Meeting either in person or by proxy. Those who are unable to attend the Meeting are requested to read, complete, sign and mail the form of proxy in accordance with the instructions set out in the Information Circular and in the proxy.
A copy of the Information Circular, setting out full details of the resolutions to be put to Shareholders at the meeting and giving further details will soon be available on the Corporation’s website (www.orsumetals.com) and on the Corporation’s issuer profile on SEDAR (www.sedar.com).
Orsu Metals Corporation
Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary
+44 (0) 20 7518 3999